 Space / 12448
    Sleipnir —Travis Dickinson
   No, it's not a turbocycle. This is an idea I've had for at least a year. The docking system and cannon were built at the same time as the Odin. Everything else just came together over the last two weeks. Those familiar with the UC timeline for (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Sleipnir —Tony Hafner
     (...) an angle on the end of a long arm is really cool, too. Great model! -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Sleipnir —Mark Sandlin
      (...) design. It's a nice departure from the usual looks-like-an-airplane spaceship designs. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head -- Mark's Lego Creations (URL) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.space)

          Re: Sleipnir —Travis Dickinson
      The Dendrobium influenced the overall look, but I tried not to copy it too much (except for the bays). Non airplane like designs tend to be the most interesting ones. Of course, there are some great airplane looking designs around. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Sleipnir —Travis Dickinson
     Thanks for the compliment. The cockpit is actually part of a small ship that connects to the Sleipnir. Looks like I succeed in making the two look like one construct. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Sleipnir —Dan Mattia
     Ouch. I don't wanna be its enemy. Gotta hurt. All I can honestly say is, WOW! I've never seen anything like it. Wow, that's nice. Phew. Hard to type with a broken keyboard. Well, great job. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Sleipnir —Travis Dickinson
     I think this has to be one of most enthusiastic responses I've ever received. Thanks. I hope the keyboard was broken before you see my design, because I'll won't be held responsible :) (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Sleipnir —Mladen Pejic
     Excellent work as always Travis! I like the Gundam Dendrobium influence, as well as the successful integration of the Odin with the weapons platform. The missile containers are great too, mmm... nuclear! Oh, and that particle-beam cannon is sweet (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Sleipnir —Travis Dickinson
     Thanks, Mladen. Actually, the cannon is in a fixed position. The barrel does open up for firing. If the cannon had been off-set, the cannon lowering would have been a cool feature. Alas, the Odin's fin would be in the way in it's current design. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Sleipnir —Tom Sciortino
   You have some really cool stuff there. I'll have to go back and look more closely later, but for now, I can say I really like the Starmage as well as your new one, the Sleipnir. Starmage reminds me a little of the Hunter, a fighter/bomber from the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Sleipnir —Travis Dickinson
   Thanks. As for Military Madness, I've never heard of it. Travis Dickinson (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.space)