 Space / 12225
Re: Rasputin's Turbocycle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 08:30:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Adrian Drake writes:
Thanks!  I knew there were a few more out there, but a cursory search of
brickshelf didn't turn up any other than Mark's Shiva.  In the back of my
mind I knew there were a few more :)

Well here's a few more:
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=9728
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=5640
:D

The challenge in building futurebikes
is making each one look distinctly unique from the others.  It's a pretty
small scale to be working in (very similar to origami mecha, actually)

Mine tend to be a bit larger, but yes, what I like about them is trying to
get a lot of detail into a small package. It forces you to really think hard
about SNOT and other 'non-traditional' techniques. A LOT of fun for the more
inquizitive minded of us. ;D

I really like the way the colors look on this one.  I think that since I
took the pictures at night, the color turned out a little darker than usual,
but it's just blue/dark grey/black.  The dark grey has definitely become my
favorite accent color in building.  I hope I don't overuse it :)

The dark look is definently cool. And as I said, I wish Lego made dark blue,
and in a variety of pieces.

---SteveR