 Space / 12213
Re: (Re: New Creations for ULF Database)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 20:24:26 GMT

In lugnet.space, Curt Tigges writes:
Doesn't anybody have anything to say about this?

In lugnet.space, Curt Tigges writes:
Hello, Everybody,

I know I have been posting a lot lately, but I havn't announced any
creations other than the U.S.S. Orion-C and the U.S.S. Sabre. I just need a
chance to catch up :-).
Since I don't think that anyone has seen these, I have decided to post about
the vehicles shown at my new website:

-Dark Eagle Transaerospace Stealth Fighter:
http://www.ozbricks.com/ulfstarforce/UnitedLFWEB/starforcedetaf.htm

-Rammer Light Assault Hovertank:
http://www.ozbricks.com/ulfstarforce/UnitedLFWEB/starforcerammer.htm

-Rhino Military Cargo Carrier
http://www.ozbricks.com/ulfstarforce/UnitedLFWEB/starforcerhino.htm
(This was actually one of my first attempts at duplicating a creation just
from pictures on the Internet. It is based on Zac Soden's CT4 Timberand
class freighter. I did not actually design it.)

And here is a link to my main Starforce page:
http://www.ozbricks.com/ulfstarforce/UnitedLFWEB/ulfstarforce.htm

Please post and tell me what you think about these creations.

MOCs to come include:
-Fighters and bombers
-Dominator-class Battleship-plans already drawn
-PTP Personnel Transport-already half built
-Construction Spacedock-plans in progress

Curt Tigges
Commander-in-Chief of Starforce
http://www.ozbricks.com/ulfstarforce/

I know everybody's probably busy with getting the contests finished, but
please just take a little time to look at my website (which, by the way, was
announced, with no reply) and tell me what you think.

Hi there Curt,
Your site's lookin pretty cool. It's quite pleasing to see that I had an
influence on someone else's models :)
Can I make a couple of pointers?? Too bad; I will anyway:

- The font that you are using ("Westminster") isn't too standard and on my
computer it shows up as the "Times New Roman" font because I don't have
Westminster installed. Could I suggest changing it to something cooler like
"Verdana" which is more standard.

- Midi is annoying when reading stuff. IMO, the midi music should only be on
the main page and not any pages with lots of stuff to read.

Other than that, not bad. I especially like the way that the vehicle data
pages are laid out. It took me ages to work mine out ;)

It's good too see that you are making an effort with the models' colour
schemes but they can still be reduced down to only 2 colours (plus bits of
dk grey for any technical areas. Just remember to keep trying to learn
better techniques from each model you build.

So seem you're posting to .loc.au, does this mean you're an Aussie? Where do
you live?

That's all I have to say :)

Zac Soden
---------
www.ozbricks.com/battlespace/

BTW, I've been really bust the last couple of days and didn't see your
original post. But don't be discouraged when nobody replys to your posts.
Its a fact of life (at least in the .space board). I only got one reply
about my Stormscape class Destroyer....