 Space / 11904
Re: Blacktron Contest entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 04:15:45 GMT

Beautiful model!  One question- does it dock with the original Blacktron
system well, or are the connecters too high to do that properly?  I'm
curious because I really like modular systems.  I don't think the BT
connecter arrangement was very good, though, which is why I use a similar
system with a different arrangement.  I hope you make more entries that are
compatible with this one, because that's what really makes Blacktron come
alive to me.

Just looked (closely) at the instr. scans on Brickshelf.  Looks like I've got
the connector scheme reversed.  Same pin-to-hole thing, just the command pod
has the pins. A simple thing to switch for compatiblity with the original line.

I think he got the yellow quantity about right, but with one small
exception: the yellow hands on the fig...

Oops.  Uhhh....It's a presssurized cabin and he has his gaunlets off?  If it's
allowed, I'll fix that before I send the DAT files.

Do please post the variant of the model with the Scorpian tail.  I am very
keen to see it.

Me too!  Even if it's not an entry.  Better yet... make a ground vehicle
that has the tail and make the parts interchangeable.

Will get the 'tailed' version up soon.  While I'm not a big fan of ground
vehicles (Exception: Mega Core Magnetizer), I've got a coupla things in the
very early stages.....