 Space / 11781
Re: New MOC: Planetoid Prospector
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 06:52:56 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hanson writes:
Hi everyone -

I've just uploaded some pictures of my latest model:

It's a near-future, one-man (two if they don't mind sharing a bunk) ship for
looking for minerals on asteroids and small moons. Lots of sensors and junk on
the outside, and a cozy little interior.

And yes, I may have gotten a little carried away with the greeblies...

   Wow, Paul--that ship is so very, very cool.  Why is it cool?
   Well, because it's so perfectly and authentically ugly.  It's
   one of the very best utilitarian craft I've seen in a long time
   around these parts!  The small cabin, lack of privacy, and
   the palpable sense of hating the second guy you're prospecting
   with all just ooze from the pictures.  The greeblies help make
   the feeling that much stronger.

   I like the "soft landing" feet, too--it looks like it's ready
   for anything, and doesn't have any of that smoothing-out nonsense
   that just takes up space and weight and mining-company $$$.
   Again, gorgeous work!

   best

   LFB