 Space / 11683
Re: Two random little Space MOC's from a first time space poster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 05:11:00 GMT

William R Ward <bill@wards.net> writes:

The main thing is to hold the camera still.  Most photography stores
sell little mini-tripods for about $5 that will probably work with
your camera.  That might help.

Those will work fine for very light cameras, but if you're using a
bulkier camera, you might want to try a better mini-tripod.  For
instance, I have a
<http://www01.bhphotovideo.com/default.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=ProductActivator__Aproductlist_html___5240___BO3008___REG___CatID=391___SID=EA82EECA4F0>
for my 35mm camera, and it holds it quite still, and isn't too
expensive.  I don't know how well one of the five-dollar jobs with the
bendy legs would work with our Mavica, but they'd probably be just
fine for a lot of the digicams out these days.

Even with a cheaper one, you might be able to get it more still than
you do right now. If your camera has a self timer, use it.  That way,
you won't even have to touch the camera when it's taking the picture.
Otherwise, hold the camera very firmly.  Crouch over the table, put
your elbows and as much as your arms as possible on the table, and
click the shutter.  The more of your body you have in contact with a
stable object, the more your body acts as a tripod.  This URL also has
some tips on improving sharpness when handholding:

<http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=000Lfo>

Bill's other tips are also very good.  Don't just try one or the
other... the bonus of digital is you can try many different things and
see what combination work for you.

Your lover will never wish to leave you.