 Space / 11433
Re: New MOC: Another Ornithopter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 16:32:03 GMT

"Paul Hanson" <pghanson@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:GLq2EM.L8y@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.space, Anthony Babington writes:

Based off the Ornithopter unit in Westwood's "Dune 2000" RTS game, this
creation is a single-seat multipurpose aircraftit's top speed of 340 Km/H
makes it one of the fastest modes of transport on Dune, and it's • underbelly
bay can house any number of systems. this one is fitted with four • freefall
unguided bombs. alternate packages include a camera system or anything • else
that will fit in the space of a 2x2 brick. the hatch on the top is the
access hatch for the drive systems.

LMKWYT.

Hey, cool. It didn't take long for you to make your version. I'm glad you
decided to build the wings (which look great by the way) instead of using
insectizoid poops. The payload bay on the bottom is a neat touch, too.

Does the blue color scheme represent any particular House?

- Paul

Yeah, If I have something to work from that's not too complex, I can
generally finish really fast, and once I finished it, I realized how awful
it would look with Insectoid wings. now If only I could figure out an easier
way to open the payload bay (right now I have to stick the end of a
mechanical pencil into the slot between the handle-bar piece and the flag,
then lever it open far enough to get a nail in.

as for the blue, it's the color of the Atraedies units in Dune 2000 (and
Emperor, even though the Atraedies colors are Green and Black in the books,
as I recall). blue is also the color I have the most smooth plates of right
now, and I wanted to give the top of the fuselage a smooth surface.

thanks for your input
-Anthony