 Space / 11377
Re: Bardiel is done
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 17:59:13 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
"Kyle Keppler" <kindustries@mediaone.net> wrote in message
The story in brief:

The Boy (20 something) and the Robot have been hiding for over a month
(you're not supposed to know why they are wanted)  in dark parts of this
vast city.  They surface to have an important meeting with someone who might
be able to help them. ( the tree).  The evil swat team which is being
manipulated by another faction, somehow finds the 2 and storms through the
bar.  The boy and robot bust out the back door and try to figure out what to
do next when a mysterious girl meets them.  She tells them that if they want
to live they need to follow her to a safe place.  Not asking too many
questions they do.  The chase insues where they are attacked by 4 police
vehicles.  They lose them and drive into a great slum where this massive
church has been buried away for a long time.  They are found again and then
run into the church/ship.

If the strip had continued on there would have been about 100 or so panels
involving the robot and boy quickly becoming aquainted with the girl, ship
and 3 other characters.  Then there would have been a launch and escape
sequence.

Cool, I get it now. It's still a shame it's not done. (You do know you'll
never hear the end of this! :-P)

Well, the ship, dang cool. It's freaking huge, and amazingly detailed. • Does
she have a bridge, or did I miss that part?

I took 2 pictures of the bridge but they don't show much.  As I disassemble
the ship I will take some more pictures of the hard to photograph areas like
this.

The bridge is housed in the protruding structure on the front port side of
the ship.  It has 2 levels.  The lower level has stations and terminals for
4 crew members.  A ladder leads to the upper level which is specifically for
the captain.  He sits in a rotating chair which slides on a track 28 studs
long.  This gives him access to about 20 consoles and a bunch of levers and
other controls.  He's more of a hands on type of captain then a "Make it
so." type.  The whole bridge is supposed to be claustophobic like a sub.
However when needed the walls will "dissapear"  revealing the outside space
all around. (A sci fi cliche' I know but I think it would look cool)

Cool. cant wait for more pics.

Nice work. Sad to see her go :-/ But even the Myase will be scraped • sometime.

Thank you.  Part of me wishes that none of us would ever have to take these
ships apart so that one day we could all meet with them together somewhere.
(dreaming)

Heck yea. And someone could have built a base so all the ships could dock.
<More dreaming> While we're at it, I would like to request a bulk technic
beams pack from the LEGO gods. :-P

--Kyle
http://hvl.cjb.net

-Jon