 Space / 11072
Re: Keppler Space Ship Myase finally here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 02:43:05 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kyle Keppler writes:
After many delays and months of waiting. The KSS Myase Battlecruiser is here!!

http://myase.hvl.cjb.net

   YESSS!!!  The Original Mighty Platypus has a whole page
   for itself!  I've been waiting quite some time for your
   XKI BC to show off its "character" (in the sense of its
   story)...and it still looks just as marvelous.

The Myase is a 160 stud long battlescruiser made by Keppler Industries for
the Keppler Space force.

   But I wonder--do they get an employee discount...?  :D

I was planning on doing more with this ship, but I got tired of these pics
sitting around on my HD. So there are bound to be misteaks in the site. Just
pop an email to kindustries@mediaone.net and I'll fix it ASAP!

   Can't see any offhand...but I wonder, can you add something
   explaining where the name came from?

The ship's general shape and the big nse guns were inspired by Mark
Sandlin's Mithrandir:
( http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego/spacecraft/mithrandir/ )

   I noticed the similarity, which you yourself mentioned with
   the XKI teaser (if memory serves), but you've definitely made
   this ship all yours!

Let me know what you think!

   I think it cuts a very handsome 3/4 rear elevation.  The details
   are most excellent--and the interior is very nicely done.  I was
   especially intrigued by your EVA bug--I spent a lot of time on EVA
   bugs for _Experiment_, so the design seems to have to be mated to
   a particular ship.  It looks very cool, with lots of interesting
   slopes.

   all best

   LFB