 Space / 11032
Re: Et in Arcadia Lego - new MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 01:47:09 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bram Lambrecht writes:
I'm more impressed by 3D greeblies vs. printed greeblies, but printed parts
are a good way to preserve smoothness while adding detail.  Recessed widgets
(so that they're flush with the smooth surface) would be even cooler.

i think both kinds of greeblies have their place,
i.e.
an Alien(movie) type ship would be very 3d greebly,
but for a NASA style or a SydMead kind of sleek moc
you'd want interest but smooth surfaces, thus the
printed pieces

it just depends on the moc,
this moc is deliberately all smooth, thats why all the
tiles and the skis and such

:-)

-paul