 Space / 1098
1097  |  1099
Subject:
6923 instruction oddities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 08:23:26 GMT

I was looking on Dejanews/RTL for info on old M-Tron sets and I came
across a discussion on the fact there's two instruction booklets for
this set.

Finally I got round to checking my instructions (thanks Scott :O)
against the ones on Brickshelf and I noticed something I should have
done before; namely, the cover shows a different rotor mounting (there's
a 2x1x4/3 'slope' brick [1] at the front, and what looks like  a hinge
mounting on the cover, whereas the 'slope' is at the back in the
drawings, and the rotor is held on by two clips).

I was wondering if there's another set of instructions anywhere on the
Net, or if anyone who has both could shed any light on this.

The Brickshelf instructions part number is 120396 (I think) and mine's
120267. Hmm.

It's a great model, but for the fact my rotors keep hitting the crane
arm, and if someone could solve that it'd be great.

btw, is the 1x1x1 with 5 studs meant to go right down onto the 2x2 plate
with vertical Technic pin, or does it stop where it widens? (I assumed
forcing it was a Bad Idea.)

:: paul
:: http://www.songtwo.demon.co.uk/lego/

[1] I should use the partsref library so you know what I'm on about
here, but I don't have an LDraw-esque program so it's tricky. It's the
part used in substep 4 of step 17 of my 6923 instructions, if that helps.