 Space / 10554
10553  |  10555
Subject:
How do YOU make your hangar bay doors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:18:39 GMT

I brought this up, again, after seeing an ancient article listed underneath
the building tips section of the Galaction Shipyard (great site, Jon.)
Anyhow, with my newest ship (grrr, I need a camera!!!) I constructed a very
simple, yet effective door (it even locks itself) by simply using 4 train
hinges, and attaching them so that the double doors (which are 2 studs thick
and like 7 bricks tall) touch eachother and can open outward. It locks
itself very effectively, and you don't have to perform any maintenance on
it, since there's no mechnism to keep the doors in place...
Anyhow, if there happens to be spelling or grammar errors in this post, and
something doesn't make sense, know that it's 4 AM and I swam about 2600
meters 8.5 hours ago, and half of it was butterfly, I also feel like falling
asleep, and stuff.... :p