 Space / 10549
Re: The Monthly Lego Challenge Proposal -- plz respond
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 04:47:54 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog writes:
OK,
mark and i were talking about how much our building
has improved thx to seeing other people's ideas,
and i had an idea, and so
i talked this over w/ the Grand Admiral,
and he saiz it werks for SEALUG....

The Monthly Lego Challenge (or semi-monthly, or whatever :-)

1)  people send me a email before the 1st of each month
with an idea for a lego building challenge.

2) i'll pick one, post it to lugnet and post it on
Et In Arcadia Lego ( http://lego.panarchy.com )

3) we all build stuff

4) i post a 'results' page

5) we do the whole thing again

My idea for the 'challenges' is things like this:

*  how many ways to hinge lego in less than 2x2x2 space

*  ways to hook plates/pieces together top to top or bottom to bottom

stuff like that

THE GOAL is merely to come up w/ new and innovative ways of
putting pieces together, not to compete for designs

But isn't competing half the fun? It's what drives us, or at least some of
us...

;-)

Mladen Pejic, over and out!
http://www3.sympatico.ca/mladenpejic/

let me know here whether we like this idea or not,
and i'll try to get it going by Sept if we do

thx much
-paul