 Space / 10547
RE: The Monthly Lego Challenge Proposal -- plz respond
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 04:38:04 GMT

Paul Hartzog writes:
mark and i were talking about how much our building
has improved thx to seeing other people's ideas,

I'll agree to that.  Seeing the amount of detail in some people's models has
driven me to include as much detail as possible....even when it doesn't seem
quite so possible at first.

My idea for the 'challenges' is things like this:
*  how many ways to hinge lego in less than 2x2x2 space
*  ways to hook plates/pieces together top to top or bottom to bottom

These sound like good ideas...I'm sure we'll have tons of interesting
solutions.

let me know here whether we like this idea or not,
and i'll try to get it going by Sept if we do

<rant>
My only beef is with putting them up on your page, since you use that
annoying iframe which makes the page much harder to navigate since I have to
use *two* scroll bars. Also, every time I click on something in the frame, I
have to scroll down the container page *again* to make the frame fit on the
screen.  It must be even more obnoxious for someone at a lower (say 800x600
or 640x480) resolution.  Honestly, I haven't looked much at your latest
models because of the difficulty of navigating the site.  It shouldn't be
hard to just include the content in the page using ASP instead of putting
the content in the frame.
</rant>
Otherwise, great idea!
--Bram