 Scala / 172
Re: Scooter in 3152
Newsgroups:
lugnet.scala, lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 20:35:33 GMT

In lugnet.scala, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:

Thanks for the reply!

A Fabuland figure will fit onto 2 studs.  Its just that it needs a bit of
clearance on either side where the torso overlaps the legs at the hips.
The legs are the same width at the hips as a standard minifig.  The
difference being a minifig is hinged top to bottom pin inside, adding no
more width.  A Fabuland figure hip consists of the pin going through the
legs from the outside with the torso coming down to cover the hips.

The Belville figure has the really cool ball and socket style joint...
From what I can tell a Belville older child is only a smidgen wider in the
seat than a Fabuland figure.

I am disappointed to hear the top is foam.  Looking back at the picture now
I can see this is indeed the case.  Given this, I think a Fabfig will fit
just fine.  Making one myself is definitely the way to go.  I do like the
orange steering wheel...

Any guess as to what brick is the seat back?  It looks like it may be curved?

sheree

The orange piece on the back of the seat is indeed a curved brick.  I have a few
of these from my Scala sets.  I'm not familiar with LEGO terminology, but it is
1x4 at the bottom, and about four times taller than a LEGO plate.  Actually I
think bricks of this shape are often used in paradisa sets, like in chairs.  The
king's throne in the Enchanted Palace set has two of these on the armrests.

By the way, I didn't know Fabuland figures were so small.  I have just looked at
a few pictures and found out how cute they are!  Growing up in Japan, I never
had a chance to see Fabuland sets.