 Robotics / Spybotics / 357
Re: Need to restore spybot mission scores
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 23:11:19 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Craig Rahenkamp wrote:
My son and I were experimenting with programming the spybot using the brixCC
software (neat package - thanks John Hansen!).  When we were done, he went back
to the default Spybot SW and discovered that all of his hard-earned mission
points had been wiped clear. ...

Ok, here's a bit more info.  All the points/scores SHOULD be saved to the PC,
under the Spybot ID.  It sounds like your bot lost it's ID.  How sad.  :(

So, I'll suggest a couple options.
1) Try to find and load the original ID
or
2) Copy the data on the PC to the new ID

Steve,
  Thank you for your posts.  The data you have provided is correct.  I have
found the scores and the original longID of the spybot brick in RAS.LIF in the
spybotics directory (There is some interesting stuff in the USER file as well).
The brick with the problem indeed had the long ID zeroed out, along with pretty
much everything else in the fist 72 bytes.  The file Spybot.h has the map of the
lower EEPROM addresses (in a section labeled “EEPROM Memory Map”, no less).  I
essentially used NQC interactively in BricxCC to read the locations using the
EEPROM function:

int aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd,eee,fff,ggg,hhh,iii;

task main()
{
ddd = EEPROM(2);
eee = EEPROM(3);
fff = EEPROM(4);
ggg = EEPROM(5);
hhh = EEPROM(6);
iii = EEPROM(7);
}

I then put the correct ID, security level, and mission time played (from RAS.LIF
– I had top add the times for the individual missions together, plus the extra
time, to get the correct total time) into the correct EEPROM locations using,
again, NQC:

int aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd,eee,fff,ggg,hhh,iii;

task main()
{
  aaa = 2;
  bbb = 12;
  SetEEPROM(aaa, bbb);
  aaa = 3;
  bbb = 37;
  SetEEPROM(aaa, bbb);
  aaa = 4;
  bbb = 31;
  SetEEPROM(aaa, bbb);
}

I had to use the variables since putting numbers directly into the SetEEPROM
call didn’t work.  Anyway, using the above technique, I re-entered pretty much
all of the right data into the right EEPROM locations.  When I plugged the
Spybot back into the spybotics SW, everything appeared to work OK.

Thanks again for your pointers.  They certainly made my sons day a lot brighter.