 Robotics / Spybotics / 355
Re: Need to restore spybot mission scores
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 13:19:20 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Craig Rahenkamp wrote:
My son and I were experimenting with programming the spybot using the brixCC
software (neat package - thanks John Hansen!).  When we were done, he went back
to the default Spybot SW and discovered that all of his hard-earned mission
points had been wiped clear. (I heard some mumbling about "stupid, fat,
hobbitses" as he slunk off depressed). We do have a screen print of his points
(a few missions back) that I'd like to restore back into the EEPROM.  Does
anyone have a program to poke that data back into the appropriate registers in
the spybot brick? Any help would be appreciated.

PS - When we used the BrixCC to try and dump the memory map, we got an error
message that it failed.  Is that perhaps what wiped out the memory?

I'm not sure I can solve the problem, but this may help you get started.

After looking in the Spybot SDK, I found "MemOp_Bead" which is a subroutine for
Mindscript that sets eeprom.  Mindscript is LEGO's own language.  I think it
works in Brixcc.

So, here's a little program that should let you set values into memory
locations.

I hope it helps.

Steve

program SetMemory
{

#include<Spybot.h>
#include<Globals.h>
#include<Events.h>
#include<Messages.h>

main
{
//MemOp_Bead(nMem,nOperation,nValue)
nMem = 0      // eeprom memory address (0-255)
nValue = 0    // value (0-255)

MemOp_Bead(nMem,memSet,nValue)
}
}