 Robotics / Spybotics / 261
Re: Spybot studies: SetTxDirection() confusion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 14:19:48 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Brian B. Alano wrote:
I forgot to mention that the mana (set to channel 3) didn't respond to the laser
LED's command message. Is this because the mana isn't sensitive to visible red or
because the signal is somehow encoded differently when it comes out the laser?
(or both :) ).

My understanding (which may well be incorrect) is that the Manas unit only
responds to IR.  Sending an RC message using the PC channel is probably not
terribly useful since (as far as I am aware) there aren't any devices that use
RC messages via visible light.

John Hansen