 Robotics / Spybotics / 18
Re: gigamesh problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:43:29 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Ralph Hempel writes:
I was wondering when this was going to come up. You probably didn't set
the Spybot type properly. If you look closely, all the Spybots except

I was having serial port problems and couldn't get the software to agree
with me that the spybot was properly plugged in and turned on.  My two
expansion COM ports work as far as flashing the red light on the cable (and
auto recognition by the software) but it fails to communicate with the
Spybot using either of them.  When I switched to using my built-in COM1 port
the software worked fine and I was able to (finally) run through the
hardware check without errors and select Gigamesh as the spybot type.

Hope this helps...

It sure did.  Now it runs forward as expected.  My kids and I have, this
morning, tried the power grid mission and everyone had a blast.  I
definitely would call it a big hit with the family.  Much greater
playability than the Scout.  Much greater programmability than the scout
(with similar concepts).  Replacing the tower with the cable makes program
downloads very simple.  The price is much better than the RDS price.  On the
downside, the built-in motors and sensors reduces the flexibility and
potential expansion via some of the things HiTechnic and others are
producing.  All in all, however, I have to say LEGO has done a bang-up job
with this PBrick!

Thanks,

John Hansen