 Robotics / Spybotics / 17
Re: gigamesh problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:18:23 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Ralph Hempel writes:
Has anyone else had their Gigamesh run (it seems) backwards when using the
default program?  Without any fiddling with the controller device I pressed
the run button on my Gigamesh once I'd built it.  It works as I expected
except it moves backwards which makes it hard to bump into things with its
front bumper.

I was wondering when this was going to come up. You probably didn't set
the Spybot type properly. If you look closely, all the Spybots except
Snaptrax have a simple geartrain that reverses the motor direction. Snaptrax
drives things right off the motor shaft.

On the main SMART home screen, click the gray button in the "communicator"
in the lower left side of the display. This is the Spybot Status screen and
shows the battery status and your Spybot's nickname etc.

Where the Spybot type is shown, select Gigamesh and download the default
program. Your Gigamesh should now work properly...

Hope this helps...

Ralph

Playing with Big G all weekend :)

I noticed that when you first turn on Gigamesh and use the remote right off,
it will go backwards when you press the forwards button, then about 1 second
later, it will go forwards (after it's done all it's powerup beeps).

It's probably due to still 'booting' the default program.

BTW, an unforseen 'good bit' about Big G is it tickles people's feet when
you run over them with it (at least it tickles my girlfriends feet... ;) )

I also noticed that it climbs obstacles better when it's going
backwards--the front bumper catches on things.

Most of the people this weekend that saw the 'bot loved playing the 'gold
vault' scenario--trying to crack the code to regain control of Big G--I set
all the variables to most difficult, and so far, we're batting about 65
percent regaining control and 35 percent, well, not.  When I get home I'll
d/l all the stats to my 'puter and see how we're doing--already at security
clearance of 3 (I love this thing...)

Dave K