 Robotics / Spybotics / 12
Re: Programming multiple controllers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 20:08:36 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Ralph Hempel writes:
Has anyone figured out how to get multiple Spybots to work at the same time?
It seems that all the controllers I have will now make all the robots move
at the same time. I've searched in vain for a simple description of how to
make this work.

David,

You need to establish a secure COMMS link. Here's how...

First, the online technical manual for the Spybiots is a bit hard
to find.

From the opening screen, click on the black button in the
"communicator" in the bottom left of the screen. The mouseover
text is Spybot Status.

You get a Spybot Status screen. You don't need to have a Spybot connected.

Click on the technical manual button on the top of the screen.

Click on the modes and linking button for a descripion of COMMS channels

Wait for the whole video or just read this...

1. Put the controller link mode (dial pointing down)
2. Press button 1, 2, or 3 (this is your channel)
3. Press the key button (bottom right on controller)
4. Your Spybot is now linked to the controller.

Hope this helps.

Ralph

I like Ralphs way better...

To quickly change b/w 'bots using 1 controller, switch to 'lock mode'
(straight down) and press a button (1-3) *without* pressing the 'key'
button.  This just changes the 'channel' on the controller and not on the
spybot.

Then switch back to run (to the left) and away you go...

Dave K.

It seems that the 4th button is not a channel selector as I originally
surmised--I assumed 4 spybots = 4 channels (one each) but it turns out not
to be so.  Going to 'xperiment more...