 Robotics / Scout / 73
    Scout vs. RCX for Macintosh user —Dan K. Snelson
   Greetings: My name is Dan Snelson. I'm considering purchasing a Mindstorms set with either the Scout or RCX for Christmas. The set is mainly for me, but I'll let my nine-year-old son play with it and my other three boys just watch. I use a Macintosh (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.scout)

        Re: Scout vs. RCX for Macintosh user —Dave Baum
     Assuming it doesn't all wind up in a drawer collecting dust, the RCX is definitely worth the extra money. Plus you get a lot more than just the RCX when you buy RIS 1.5. For one thing you get the IR tower, which is pretty much an essential add-on (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.scout)

        Re: Scout vs. RCX for Macintosh user —Dean Husby
   (...) I will add to Dave's great post above. I own 2 RCX 1.0's, a Scout & a Micro-Scout. The main reason for getting an RCX is that it's upgradeable. The Scout has it's firmware on a ROM and is NOT upgradeable. So it will one day just be a slave to (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.scout)