 Robotics / Scout / 73
72  |  74
Subject:
Scout vs. RCX for Macintosh user
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.scout
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 04:04:40 GMT

Greetings:

My name is Dan Snelson. I'm considering purchasing a Mindstorms set with either
the Scout or RCX for Christmas. The set is mainly for me, but I'll let my
nine-year-old son play with it and my other three boys just watch.

I use a Macintosh and am planning on purchasing Robolab (and also trying to get
Virtual PC to work with the patches available on the web.)

I'm considering the Scout because of price, but I've read in this newsgroup and
other that the RCX is far more powerful.

I believe NQC could work for the Scout, but I'd have to buy a IR tower.

My wife's concern is that I'll spend $100+ on the Scout and just end up wanting
the RCX next year.

The RCX is double in price compared to the Scout. Is it more than double in
features / value?

Your thoughts, pl