 Robotics / Scout / 51
50  |  52
Subject:
Scout Can use 6 touch sensors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.scout
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 22:30:00 GMT

Forgive me if I've missed this here before,

I've recently acquired a Scout system and have been reading the SDK PDF
and found the following:

"The Scout has two external input ports to which touch sensors can be
attached. The special colour-coded ID touch sensors can also be used –
they will automatically be detected by the Scout operating system."

From what I've read the CyberMaster (and Code Pilot?) use special colour
coded touch sensors that have resisters in them.  From what I can gather
the Scout can tell these apart? Does this mean you can up to 3 on each
port?

Has anyone opened up one of the colour coded touch sensors to see what's
inside? Is it just a simple resistance? If so, what are the values so we
might clone them.

IF what I think is true of these units, it would sure be nice to have
this added into the next RCX Firmware.

Dean