 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 510
Re: Get Pixel Value Plotter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 15:47:11 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Tom Lohre wrote:

May I download the program and images of the arm so I can repeat the project?
I decided to lay off getting RoboSoccer working opting out for a simple start.
I want to build a x,y table using the Get Pixel Value command.

I was able to connect the "Get Pixel Color" command with the RCX. I run a direct
program on the computer, feeding color datum to the RCX. The RCX program is set
up to receive the color datum and act on it in a sequential manner. Soon I will
have a working painting robot after 18 years! I first used a Color computer from
Radio Shack and Alpha Company stepper motors. I never was able to access the
image info and feed it to the stepper motors. Then I went looking for another
language and hardware and found Lego and LabView in 2003. It’s hard not to get
excited about this after 18 years! Now I can work on the math and the machine. I
cannot thank Claude enough for keeping the dream alive. Tom