 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 314
    Can Robolab stop the RCX switching off? —Charles Tomkins
   Hi,I would like to stop the RCX switching off after 30 mins can this be done using Robolab? I have the standard Mindstorms software and cannot see a way to do it. [the sprog and I are making 'burglar' alarms and surprises for each other] He is only (...) (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

        Re: Can Robolab stop the RCX switching off? —Mitchell Lichtenberg
   (...) Looks like there is a 255 minute powerdown time limit using ROBOLAB's Administrator. You can type in a higher number but the program reverts to 255. There's also the ROBOLAB program function "Set RCX Powerdown Time." Whether or not this obeys (...) (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

        Re: Can Robolab stop the RCX switching off? —Thomas Johnson
     (...) Entering a value of 0 is the trick to disabling the powerdown. (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

        Re: Can Robolab stop the RCX switching off? —Ross Crawford
   (...) I know nothing about Robolab, but you might wanna try setting this value to 0. ROSCO (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

        Re: Can Robolab stop the RCX switching off? —Soh Chio Siong
   (...) This *trick* is in fact documented on page 13 of the "Getting Started" Teacher's Guide for ROBOLAB Software where it says "A setting of 0 means the RCX always stays on". The sematics is likely to cause confusion because earlier on it says (...) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)