 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 286
  Events in Robolab

After dozens of hours of experimentation, it is my conclusion that event-driven programming in Robolab is unreliable. Eventually, the RCX stops responding to events. This does not always happen at the same point in a given program, nor is it (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  RE: Events in Robolab

Don, Here is great site known for providing great examples of Robolab coding. (URL) will see several examples of event coding in this Web site. Bill -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Events in Robolab

Thanks for the response. I've been to that web site before and looked through it for event-driven programming. There is very little event-driven programming there, and what there is doesn't use events very extensively or in a very complex way. (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Events in Robolab

(...) I use Robolab to teach middle schoolers about building and programming Lego robots. I like Robolab because the kids pick up on the icons very quickly and get a handle the basics of programming within a few class sessions. BUT I do not venture (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Events in Robolab

M. Lichtenberg has just said what I have been looking for. I got the RIS or my 3 middle school boys last summer, I found it could be a great tool to cultivate the robotics knowledge among the middle schoolers or even elementary school children; (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Events in Robolab

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Elizabeth Mabrey wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Elizabeth, Robolab is not well documented because the price/volume combination would not pay for the kind of support it needs. What is needed, before anything else, is a (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  RE: Events in Robolab on Jerry's Web site

Hello all, One of the great things on Jerry site is "self-leveling sensor setup". It uses Robolab code, a HiTechnic EOPD sensor, and Lego parts. Really an amazing piece of Lego building and Robolab code writing. You should pay close attention to how (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Events in Robolab on Jerry's Web site

(...) Sorry for the typos and misdirection, and thanks, Bill, for the correction and support for my project. Go to www3.sympatico.ca/jdkalpin and navigate to the project 'LEGO Level'. Other projects use Robolab too. Jerry (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)