 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 219
Re: Slow response in RoboLab?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 19:50:24 GMT

The system sound 1-sec delay explains some of my observation.  The rest is
explained, I think, byt the fact that my test program was also using data
logging to record the timer values. (I did not include the data logging
instructions in the sample program I uploaded).  With the data logging
removed and without the system sound delay, the program runs much better.

I have a version that includes the robot movement to go around objects it
finds, and it works reasonably well (the tread robot I built slips some on
my smooth floor).

Steve

"Claude Baumann" <cbaumann@ci.educ.lu> wrote in message
The problem does not come from container's container, but from the fact • that
ROBOLAB adds a 1-sec delay to each system sound call. Instead use • play-tone
here. There is only a 2/10 sec pause.