 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 218
Re: Slow response in RoboLab?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 18:35:54 GMT

The problem does not come from container's container, but from the fact that
ROBOLAB adds a 1-sec delay to each system sound call. Instead use play-tone
here. There is only a 2/10 sec pause.

We have worked over a similar problem in our Boy-scout and Follower project
http://www.convict.lu/Jeunes/RoboticsIntro.htm . But here we engaged two
RCXs. One robot was actually collecting information about its environment
through touch-sensors. The this robot communicated the information to a
second identical robot (except for the touch sensors), which would follow
exectly the same path. This was an amazing project.

Claude

Ha, I posted an slightly changed program-picture at:

http://www.convict.lu/Jeunes/replay_touch_times.jpg

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Steve Putz writes:
I've uploaded my example program to:

  http://www.roboticslearning.com/examples/replay-touch-times.jpg
  http://www.roboticslearning.com/examples/replay-touch-times.vi

I was seeing if I could program a solution for the following request from
another mailing list:

My program seems to spend much more than the "wait" times between loops.

Steve Putz
www.RoboticsLearning.com

"Claude Baumann" <cbaumann@ci.educ.lu> wrote in message
Could you be more specific about your problem with container's container? • Or
post somewhere an example code?

Claude Baumann

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Steve Putz writes:
It seems that RCX programs created with RoboLab sometimes have slow • response
times, like there are extra delays ocurring between the program steps.  I
especially noticed this in a recent program using indirection via
"Container's Container".  It gets the timing wrong.  Has anyone else had
this problem?

Steve Putz
info@RoboticsLearning.com
www.RoboticsLearning.com