 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 610
Re: IR problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 01:03:32 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Ralph Hempel wrote:
Hmmm

The blip and LCD clearing, while useful for debugging may be messing things up.

The characters are coming in way faster than the blip time, so you may not be reading
the buffer fast enough.

I would put code at the end of getHeader that displayed the current
headerState VALUE on the display in the right most digit (program #)
and the decimal value of the character received on the main 5 digit display...

I'll play with it a bit this weekend.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph. I'll try this. I might have followed the wrong track but I got to
this 'test program' trying to solve the problem I have in my 'real' program: I'm
writing a PbForth version of the Trailerbot (Luis Villa, Extreme Mindstorms).
The main loop has mainly two purposes: 1.- Do Trailerbot stuff then 2.- Check
the remote for 'instructions' like Start, Stop, etc. The problem I have is that
once I pushed a button on the remote, the program seems to freeze on the Check
remote part until I hit another button and so on. I'll work on it keeping in
mind your comments.

Thanks

Mario