 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 615
RE: IR problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:46:17 GMT

Ralph, one more question. Are there conditions where the word EKEY would wait
for input (like KEY)? It seems to happen in my program.

EKEY always waits for input. Use EKEY? to see if anything is available...

Looking at the source, I see that there is a possiblity that in the time
between checking for a character with EKEY? and actually reading
it with EKEY, that an error can occur and casue EKEY to block even
though you think it should not.

You should always use EKEY? before EKEY, but traditional Forth does not
let you check for errors in EKEY so...

How should we handle this? I can make a new word that returns the actual
byte in the low order bits and additional info in the high byte...

If the high byte is 0, then there is no data.

What should we call the word?

Ralph