 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 501
RE: CPR for RCX?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 21:08:43 GMT

Now, it won't turn back on.

I'm not finding anything on the pbForth site that covers this; I'm
assuming either that it is A) very odd behavior, or B) everyone who uses
pbForth just builds models that make it easy to remove and replace
batteries...

Matt,

Just because the LCD is blank does not mean that pbForth is not
running. When you power the RCX on and pbForth is the firmware,
the LCD is blanked.

Can you communicate over the IR link? If so, you're fine.

If you DO need to remove the batteries, press the buttons
to cause the internal hold-up caps to drain, or you'll
need to wait a few minutes after removing the batteries
before the RCX is completely "clean"

Cheers, Ralph