 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 500
Re: CPR for RCX?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 20:16:14 GMT

I don't know much about forth, but I'll try to help.

I'm not sure that any firmware (normal) could keep the RCX from turning on.
Try taking the batteries out, wait a few minutes, then put the same ones
back in.
If it turns on, it was the firmware. If it doesn't, your batteries are most
likely dead.

Hope this helps!

Bluey

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Matt Jadud writes:
Hello all,

I've got a rather odd condition here with my old 1.0 RCX. It's seen just
about every firmware out there, and I just nuked Lejos for pbForth. I
used the NQC downloader, loaded the most recent s-record, and lo!, '4th'
appeared on my display.

I was able to do some simple arithmatic on my RCX:

1 1 OK
+ OK
.2 OK

which was encouraging. However, I wanted to download a more substantial
program, and so I thought I'd cycle the power on the RCX. The buttons
didn't work, but this doesn't bother me--I know about the POWER_OFF word!

Now, it won't turn back on.

I'm not finding anything on the pbForth site that covers this; I'm
assuming either that it is A) very odd behavior, or B) everyone who uses
pbForth just builds models that make it easy to remove and replace
batteries...

Thoughts?

Thanks much,

Matt