 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 463
RE: Psion 5mx and pbForth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 17:02:24 GMT

I've mentioned my attempts to get a psion series 5 to talk to pbForth
before.  I've finally got it sorted enough to be useful.

Anyone with a Psion Series 5mx machine (possibly a series 5 also) may like
to look at http://www.achrn.demon.co.uk/ian/RC5mX. It transfers firmware
and text files and allows direct keyboard interaction.

Way to go Ian!

I'm moving along in my attempts to get the USB tower working with
pbForth. The USB tower uses ODD parity, and that cannot be changed.

Sooo, to all the other environment writers out there, be aware that the
next version of pbForth will go to ODD parity natively.

I've also received a contribution of an assembler for the H8 micro that
runs under Forth, so you wiill be able to write assembler code for the
times that Forth isn't fast enough or doesn't do what you want.

Naturally, this also means that we'll be releasing the source and development
environment for pbForth.

There seems to be some excitement building around pbForth again, especially
now that there is IR comms for the Palm.

Look for lot's of cool stuff in the next few weeks!

Cheers, Ralph

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth>

Buy "Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego Mindstorms"
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1893115844/hempeldesigngrou>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com