 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 462
461  |  463
Subject:
Psion 5mx and pbForth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 16:02:22 GMT

I've mentioned my attempts to get a psion series 5 to talk to pbForth
before.  I've finally got it sorted enough to be useful.

Anyone with a Psion Series 5mx machine (possibly a series 5 also) may like
to look at http://www.achrn.demon.co.uk/ian/RC5mX. It transfers firmware
and text files and allows direct keyboard interaction.

Please note that it uses teh lego serial IR tower on teh serial port via
the serial cable - it DOES NOT use the psion built-in IR. If anyone knows
how to put arbitary data out the IR on a psion5 from OPL I'd be very
pleased to hear from them.

regards,   Ian SMith
--
  |\ /|      no .sig