 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 447
446  |  448
Subject:
rotation sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 21:33:19 GMT

Do I have to manually frequently read the values from rotation sensors for
the count to work, or does the firmware monitor the sensor for me? I have
home-brew passive sensors, touch sensors and light sensors working fine,
but the rotation sensor is troubling me.

If I type it as rotation sensor and mode it as raw I see the varyng
values, but I can't seem to get correct rotation count values regardless
of how I set up teh sensor. It may be that I'm not checking it frequently
enough, if it is the case that it only increments properly if I read it
often enough to see all the value transitions - is this so?

Thanks for any help.

regards,   Ian SMith
--
  |\ /|      no .sig