 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 444
  problems with communications

I'm trying to get started with pbforth, but not finding it easy. While I know no forth, I'm happy with RPN (long-time HP calculator user) and stacks, dictionaries and defining words (ex-Postscript programmer). What I'm struggling with is getting as (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: problems with communications

(...) Dear oh dear. Probably because I'm being dense. (...) And the obvious answer - if it's software handshaking I should be able to see it with software. Having written a program to feed the serial port arbitary bytes and capture and log arbitary (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: problems with communications

(...) Keep digging. Try using a PC first and get that working. (...) Yep. (...) Sounds like pbForth is picking up steam again. Good. It's emails like this that keep me motivated to keep development going. I'm just back from a vacation, so I'll do (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)