 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 381
Re: How do I delete firmware from firmware?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 11:35:48 GMT

Ernst De Ridder wrote:

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 04:42:49PM +0000, Ralph Hempel wrote:

Actually, BYE is in the h8hforth.asm source now, but it's a no-op.

Could you email it to me, Ernst, and then I'll put it into the basic
distribution...

M_CODE(3,``"BYE"'',BYE,_FLINK)
        MOV.B #1:8, rAl
        MOV.B rAl,@0xCC:8
        MOV.W @0:16,rA                          ; Reset vector
        JSR @rA
        M_NEXT()

Great. Thanks. This is a real lifesaver since I am deleting and
reloading firmware at a rapid rate and my RCX is inside a construction
which makes it awkward to get at the batteries. Now the delete/reload
can be done entirely at the GUI.