 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 371
Re: How do I delete firmware from firmware?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 16:10:19 GMT

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 03:24:58PM +0000, Ralph Hempel wrote:

Here's a copy of what Kekoa replied with...

    /* Delete the firmware */
    *(char *)0xffcc = 1;
    (*(void (**)(void))0)();

[...snip...]
End of Kekoa's comments....

So I think if you do a

HEX 1 FFCC ! 3AE EXECUTE

I defined the BYE word in h8hforth.asm according to Kekoa's comments
and it works like a charm. The RCX is reset but doesn't turn off, so new
firmware can be uploaded immediately.

Ernst

--
Ernst de Ridder - hnridder@informatik.uni-rostock.de
Universitaet Rostock - Lehrstuhl fuer Theoretische Informatik