 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 371
  Re: How do I delete firmware from firmware?

(...) [...snip...] (...) I defined the BYE word in h8hforth.asm according to Kekoa's comments and it works like a charm. The RCX is reset but doesn't turn off, so new firmware can be uploaded immediately. Ernst (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: How do I delete firmware from firmware?

(...) Actually, BYE is in the h8hforth.asm source now, but it's a no-op. Could you email it to me, Ernst, and then I'll put it into the basic distribution... Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out pbFORTH for LEGO Mindstorms at: (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: How do I delete firmware from firmware?

(...) M_CODE(3,``"BYE"'',BYE,_FLINK) MOV.B #1:8, rAl MOV.B rAl,@0xCC:8 MOV.W @0:16,rA ; Reset vector JSR @rA M_NEXT() (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: How do I delete firmware from firmware?

(...) Great. Thanks. This is a real lifesaver since I am deleting and reloading firmware at a rapid rate and my RCX is inside a construction which makes it awkward to get at the batteries. Now the delete/reload can be done entirely at the GUI. (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)