 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 348
  Re: Help with Terminal Emulator

(...) At first look, I thought this looked like a baud rate problem. But with Ralph's program (at least on my machine), you can't really screw up....the baud rate is set in rcxutil.tcl, and overrides whatever you do in the control panel "ports" (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Help with Terminal Emulator

I think my problem is bounce back noise. I doubled checked the port settings, started with a fresh set of batteries, made sure I had a clear buffer, but what made the difference is where I am doing my programming. I'm working off of a laptop, and (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: Help with Terminal Emulator

(...) I have run into this too, Jerry. A few especially bothersome noise sources include video cameras, security systems, and remote controls. You might consider covering the RCX and tower with a box or towel... I'm glad the terminal emulator works (...) (24 years ago, 21-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Help with Terminal Emulator

(...) Ralph, The firmware and script uploads work great. I've gotten a good download each time. Thanks. I haven't yet tried the xmodem/save-system yet, but I'm just getting started. --Jerry (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)