 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 338
RE: New pbForth GUI
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 01:21:03 GMT

I poked about a bit also and found:

http://www.it.kth.se/edu/gru/Fingerinfo/telesys.finger/Mobile.VT98/badge
3.html

This is one source of both givio.sys, and the instdrv.exe which will
register the giveio.sys as a system device driver.  Instdrv is a console
app which has been adapted from the Microsoft DDK version.  Frankly, I
don't know if I need giveio.sys yet.  I am reluctant to play system god
just before a trip tomorrow.

I had done the editing of the shortcut, and a nice white window pops up
saying pbForth, but the upload of the frimware doesn't fly.  I suspect com
port assignment, because the green light in the tower doesn't come on.
Interestingly, my modem inits when I start the shortcut.  Is there a place
in one of the scripts where you assign a com port?  My fault probably, but
I can't play around any more this evening.  I will flail some more this
weekend.

Not being grumpy, BTW.  This is neat stuff, and I will prevail.  I bought
this yellow brick mostly to fool around with things like this, so I'm
certainly getting my moneys worth.  Thanks for all the work, Ralph.

Jeff
jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net