 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 205
FW: Window CE Support for the Mindstorm Unit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 19:45:59 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Stalker-Wilde, Graham [mailto:graham.stalker-wilde@csfb.com]
Sent: Friday, November 19, 1999 2:30 PM
To: 'Ralph Hempel'
Subject: RE: Window CE Support for the Mindstorm Unit

no problem. wait a minute - there is no....
No commercial use? and I was hoping to become a billionaire thru this. I
know, why not call it Forth.com, and go public? That's got to be worth at
least a couple of GECs...

(as a bit of background - I actually did entertain making money on the CE
when it came out.  Unfortunately only 12 people bought CEs, so that didn't
quite pan out. My view now is that, post-web, you can't sell software.
Obviously there are billions being spent on evil, monopolistic, satanic
redmond innovation-destroying-ware (kidding)  but the way it riches now is
to give away the software, and charge $20 a month to use it.)

there is one FORTH for MIPS processor CE, but nothing for SH3. I considered
hForth - since you said that was the basis for your port. I think, given the
target machine and my skill set, I'll try to port one written in C.... I'm
not just wimping out here, ASM is not generally the wisest choice on
Windows.

-g