 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 186
RE: Save image in pbForth (srec version)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 02:14:55 GMT

Sergey,

I'll add the other basic wordlist stuff to the kernel, then I'll let
the users "build" the optional system to their needs.

In fact, I have three extra files that I assemble into a complete kernel.

The RCX definitions (all assembler)
multi.asm - all high level translated to asm
extra.asm - wordlist stuff translated to asm
marker.asm - translated to assembler.

Now that you have the SAVE_SYSTEM stuff done, it should be a piece of cake
to just give the basic + RCX kernel image, and then have the user build
in the options they need, right?

I personally like the idea of a minimal stripped kernel and then adding
functionality. I could save quite a bit of space if I got rid of the stupid
CATCH/THROW error messages - but then the error text would just be
a message number...

Yes, exactly.
Since you made mulitasker as a part of kernel, I think the MARKER word should
be also fixed.
I will try to play with this over the weekend, it must be easy...

Unfortunately, Koh never got MARKER to work with the tasker either...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com