 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 187
186  |  188
Subject:
Building a MazeWalker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 17:26:33 GMT

Ok. You have heard me blather on about how I will eventually
get the mazewalker posted. The code isn't posted YET, but the
pictures and text are...here's the link.

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/mazewalker/index.html>

This is a complete maze navigation system. It figures out where
the boundaries are using depth-first search techniques and then
determines an optimum path using breadth-first search.

It is coded in pbForth, but I've got to finish up the next
release which has a method of compiling a custom kernel right on
the RCX! Yes, I mean you can compile extensions to the kernel
on the RCX (slow) and then save the resulting image (slow) and
then upload the application when you need it (pretty fast).

Have fun...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>