 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 133
RE: RCX Firmware and SP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 13:45:43 GMT

Hi Ralph,
Could you please explain more about consequences for pbFORTH user?
As far as I can see, pbFORTH uses fixed 256-byte stack - does it mean that
pbFORTH suffers from this problem too?

Thanks
Sergey Udovenko

Unfortunately, yes. The current version of pbFORTH allocates a 256 byte
stack, but it's JUST above a 256 byte boundary. When you run the test
code, everything works, but if your stack depth is around 12 and you run
SENSOR_READ, it allocates through the boundary.

I'll be posting version 1.08 soon, watch this space for details.

Would you please email me about what you are using pbFORTH for? I can
also put you on my mailing list for updates...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com