 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 134
133  |  135
Subject:
pbforth questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 20:36:43 GMT

My 15 year old son is into legos big time.  He has asked for the Lego robot
package.  I developed in Forth many years ago and I am just getting back into
it with Forth Inc.'s SwiftForth for Windows.  I have enjoyed messing about
with it but what I am really interested in is using forth to program a
controller or robot-like device.

Therefore I am considering the Lego and pbforth as something we can enjoy
together.  I have a few questions though.

Can I load forth into the ROM of the Lego unit?

Can I program directly on the unit or must I create an executable and download
it to the unit?What flavor of forth is pbforth?  79, 84, ANSI?

Does pbforth have floating point capability?

Are there any limitation in using pbforth instead of the programming tools
that come with the Lego kit?

What are the advantages of using pbforth to that kit's tools?

Please copy me at david.rossi@wcom.com with your reply.

Thanks,Dave Rossi