 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 123
RE: pbForth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 17:11:29 GMT

Would it be possible to write a compiler that took pseudo C code as input
and produced pbForth code as output?

I think there are some C to FORTH translators at www.forth.org, but
the problem is you need to configure them to run on your CPU and
then to output FORTH compatible with your target.

Not an easy task. Why not just learn FORTH? I learned about
15 years ago - maybe it was 20 - and haven't touched it in 10
years.

Now that I'm coding in FORTH again, I'm getting back into the swing
of things. It's kinda neat having to juggle your stack around in
your head - it sure keeps you on your toes and gets you
thinking about simplifying things...

Come on Joel, give it a try.....

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng