 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 122
FW: Mindstorms/reinforcement learning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 18:40:46 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Hempel [mailto:rhempel@bmts.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 1999 11:59 AM
To: Blake Winton
Subject: RE: Mindstorms/reinforcement learning

It's not really that ugly, as long as you're thinking like a stack
machine...  (Thinking Forth? ;)

I will post the AI guy's stuff as soon as I get permission, and I'll get
some kind of better tutorial out soon too.

There are a whole bunch of tutorials out there, and it might be easier
to modify one of them.  Try one of the ones at
http://www.quartus.net/products/forth/manual/online.htm
(Simple Forth seemed like a decent one to me.)

Yes!!! The simple FORTH tutorial is good. Thanks for the link. I've
emailed the author to try to get permission to adapt his
work to the RCX. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

It's not that I'm lazy or anything, I just don't see the
point of doing something over if it's already been done fairly well
by someone else. Of course, I'd NEVER copy or use work without
permission from the author. That's just bad manners...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com