 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 956 (-5)
  Re: Visual NQC 2001

Tim Webber pointed out to me that I must set the path to nqc.exe in the preferences. All is well now, thanks to Tim. -- Bob Fay California, USA rfay@we.mediaone.net (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Anyone using Mac beige G3

(...) The serial ports weren't changed in a major way (still RS-422, etc), but there could have been subtle changes to the driver/receiver that would cause problems when hooked to marginal RS-232 devices (such as the IR tower). Fred Martin reported (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Visual NQC 2001

<Runtime error 380 fix If you get Runtime error 380 during compile start you need to change the subdirectory where NQC.exe is stored. Use a directory without a space in the name. Example C:\NQC\nqc.exe This will work.> That did not work. I am still (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Anyone using Mac beige G3

(...) One thing to keep in mind about Mac serial ports is that they are not RS-232, rather they are RS-422. IIRC, RS-232 is a singled-ended voltage standard (ref to ground only), where RS-422 is a differential standard. The 'common' method of using (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Anyone using Mac beige G3

(...) I've had similar problems with a CyberMaster. It seems that CyberMaster Tower is powered by the serial interface (at least it is switched on by this power). On PC, the DTR line is switched high (12 V), and the CTS line is switched low (-12V). (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact